Full Name: Pharrell Lanscilo Williams
Birthday: 5 April 1973
Profession: Musician / Producer
Pharrell Williams is known on a global scale for his Grammy-winning work as a Hip-Hop and R&B musician and producer. He didn’t only change the face of Pop music beginning in the late 1990s, he also was one of the faces of Pop music. As a charismatic star, he often stole the show when producing or featuring on the hit singles of other artists. He is responsible for giving music lovers a multitude of classic hits to listen to over his career.
The multitude of award-winning artists he has worked alongside and produced music for include some of the biggest names in the industry and he is known for trying to extract the best from every artist he works with, pushing them to achieve their musical potential. From a young age, Pharrell managed to make himself one of the most influential music makers in music history.
His journey began with humble roots and music was a huge influence in his childhood. Probably the most defining moment of Pharrell’s life came when he was just 12 years of age where he met Chad Hugo. They bonded over their love of music and started playing instruments together and formed a firm friendship. They later entered a high school talent show where they were discovered by producer Teddy Riley whose studio was located nearby and he later signed them.
The friendship between the pair was the start of a musical journey to super stardom for the duo. Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo eventually made up the record production duo The Neptunes. Although producing songs for others was gratifying in its own way, the duo ultimately desired to leave their own imprint through their countless other projects featuring as musicians.
Pharrell has established himself as the key producer to go to in the industry, however you can see that his solo career has also taken off. The sky is the absolute limit for him and his presence has been unfading whether he was the one billed at the top or the one behind the beat. It seems there is no limit to his genius and creativity, which even reaches out into fields such as fashion. Nothing seems to be able to stop his progress and everything that he has put his mind to he has seemingly achieved. He attributes his success to trying to harness his “inner child” and trying to have fun, exploring all his interests and passions.
Pharrell Williams MBTI (Probable):
The ISFP (Artist) is a peaceful, easygoing personality type which adopts a “live and let live” approach to life. They enjoy taking things at their own pace and tend to live in the moment. Artists are often difficult to build a close relationship with. The ISFP usually has a small circle of friends and family who they have had relationships with over a long period of time. They excel in positions where they can follow their own personal value system, whilst also expressing themselves creatively.
Pharrell Williams Mindset – Quotes:
“I just like being a kid. I enjoy it, I don’t want to grow up.”
“I learn a lot from my experiences and collaborations. Most of my collaborations are meant for me to learn.”
“I am overly ambitious, because I realise it can be done.”
“I’m just very thankful. And I say that a lot because that’s the most important message.”
“It’s not possible to experience constant euphoria, but if you’re grateful, you can find happiness in everything.”
“I’m always consciously trying to make what I feel is missing.”
Pharrell’s Keys to Success:
- Be Ambitious – Rather than aiming for goals which you know are achievable, try to add more ambition to the things you are trying to accomplish. By doing so, you are more likely to achieve a better result, and even if you don’t reach the high target you set yourself, your result will be better than if you had aimed lower.
- Collaborate – Work with others to achieve a common goal. By collaborating with other personalities, whether like your own or completely different, you can learn from them. When people have good knowledge and traits, you can easily learn from them. Those with lesser qualities will provide you with a practical example of what not to do.
- Find what is Missing – To provide something that an audience can enjoy and explore new boundaries, you need to search within your field to deliver what is missing. If you can find something that you feel is needed and create demand for more, you will be able to succeed if you dedicate some time and effort.
Pharrell Williams Facts:
- He attributes his youthful looks to exfoliating his skin frequently and keeping hydrated often with water.
- Pharrell has never been somebody who would shy away from making a fashion statement. Key elements of his style include a variety of hats, accessories and trainers. In terms of his clothing itself, he layers when he can and combines a lot of colours and fabrics. Additionally, he has been involved in collaboration with many global fashion brands.
- He married his long term girlfriend in 2013, Helen Lasichanh, who is a model and designer. Together, they had their first son called “Rocket” in 2008 and this was followed up by triplets in 2017.
- His other interests include skateboarding, technology and space.