Name: Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton
Date of Birth: 7 January 1985
Profession: Formula 1 Driver
At a young age, Lewis Hamilton’s first experience of racing was in karting. At that time, he found it exciting and always enjoyed the hobby. It also helped that he was felt he was quite good at it. On the racetrack, he was able to go out, compete and see his progression. He would always be able to see the recognition of his ability from the reaction of his dad who mentored him. He enjoyed a great feeling when racing and especially when winning. He could always look forward to his next race or back to his accomplishments to receive an uplift.
Grown adults, teachers and parents of other racers during his progress would often say tell him that he would never be able to make it and that he could not be a success. Shockingly, this was even as he was at an age as young as 10 years old. Hamilton could re-frame these experiences, become stronger and battle his way through different limitations and obstacles that entered his path. He feels lucky that he could lean on his father in times of doubt, who would support him through these negative moments. Lewis’ father would always back him up and he felt as though he would go to war for him if it was necessary. This empowered Lewis to have a greater belief in himself and his goals.
Throughout his development, other people involved in racing would often read stories or learn about other successful drivers. They told Lewis that to be the best, he would have to do certain things or behave in a specific way. This irritated Hamilton because he felt that success was different for everybody and he could be different and still succeed, rather than following a template. At times, he did allow himself to be inspired by certain individuals, such as those who faced adversity, constantly worked for greatness or those who had lived a positive life. However, he did not try to emulate everything about these people. For example, he had posters of Muhammad Ali on his wall and listened to videos of how he spoke, acted and he loved his confident mentality. Lewis Hamilton could then take on board some lessons from a different field altogether and then apply it to himself.
Racing provided a contrast to his formal education as he struggled a lot with at school. In a way, he used racing as the feel-good factor in his life as a child and instead of investing time in other studies, he followed his obvious talent. During his career, he has never driven with the aim of satisfying anybody else. Rather, he drives because he is in love with doing it. He feels now that he has a formula for success and if he applies this to any other pursuit he may have, he will be able to make it a success. However, he feels it all depends on how passionate he is about it. Often, as a driver he has had to find his own way. He feels that learning is all about “trial and error” and he enjoys developing in this way. All the lessons learned through Hamilton’s tough times growing up shaped him into the person and champion he is today.
Hamilton believes that if you hold any fear, it can hold you prisoner. He doesn’t believe this is true of himself now as he is free in his mind. This means he can move as he wishes mentally, to the things he wants to think about. For Lewis, it is all about just having a positive mental state of mind. When people feel fear, Hamilton sees this emotion as an unresolved insecurity. Lewis was fortunate enough to not feel these negative emotions as often as other people although he felt many struggles growing up. His expensive hobby made it difficult for his father to support his family. Fortunately, this proved fruitful for everybody in the end.
Lewis Hamilton MBTI (Probable):
The ENTJ (Commander) personality is focused on the most efficient and organised way to perform a task. This quality, along with their goal-orientation often enables them to act exceptionally as leaders, being both realistic and visionary in implementing a long-term plan. They tend to be fiercely independent in their decision-making, having a strong will that insulates them against external influence. ENTJ’s analyse and structure the world around them in a logical and rational way.
Lewis Hamilton Mindset – Quotes:
“I have so much energy. I train, I travel, I’m learning about music and fashion, reading a lot. I don’t want to miss anything. I want to experience everything.”
“Generally, I hate training – just like most people, I guess. I try to make it fun and varied.”
“I usually sleep four or five hours, but when you are training, you need more than that.”
“I’ve accomplished more than I ever dreamed. But I’m hungry for more.”
“Everyone has complicated lives, but the more you can simplify it and make it work for you, the better it is going to be.”
“I like taking risks. I like trying new things, whether it be style or restaurants or whatever.”
“I don’t aspire to be like other drivers – I aspire to be unique in my own way.”
Lewis Hamilton – Keys to Success:
- Embrace Support – Naturally, as we encounter setbacks we are likely to enter periods of self-doubt. Try to find somebody to confide your frustrations with, who will be able to build you up. If somebody cannot make you feel optimistic about the situation, look to somebody else who will support you but do not keep your emotions bottled up.
- Learn from Different Fields – Rather than staying focused only on the other individuals in your field, look outside and see how other people have achieved their successes. You will be able to take some guidelines from these individuals without feeling uncomfortable about your abilities in your current field. This will help you grow without comparing your achievements with competitors.
- Resolve Insecurities – To truly rid yourself of negative emotions, you will need to start resolving any insecurities you may have. By working through negative past experiences or any fears you may have, you will be able to keep more grounded in the present moment. This should result in better performance by directing your mind away from fear and towards the achievable.
Lewis Hamilton Products:
Lewis Hamilton Other Facts:
- From Stevenage in Hertfordshire which is where he also grew up.
- He has interests in fields such as Fashion, Music and Art.
- Lewis enjoys surfing in his free time.
- Collaborated on fashion collections alongside Tommy Hilfiger.
- He has decorated his body with many elaborate tattoos.