Name: Barack Hussein Obama II
Date of Birth: 4 August 1961
Barack Obama – Background
Barack Obama was the 44th President of the United States of America. He held office from 2009 to 2017. Born in Honolulu, Hawaii, his parents divorced 1964 and following this he moved around until finally resettling in Hawaii at age 10 with his mother and grandparents. The bi-racial identity of Obama forged his unique perspective on race. Eventually after a long stint in Los Angeles, Obama attended Columbia University where he earned a BA in Political Science in 1983.
Barack Obama – Education
He worked in New York’s business sector for two years before moving to Chicago where he spent three years as a community organiser for low-income neighbourhoods in Chicago. In 1988, Obama went on to attend Harvard Law where he became the editor of the Harvard Law Review before becoming its first black president the year following. He graduated in 1991 and was offered a book deal based on his experiences with racial affairs. This eventually became his 1995 memoir “Dreams from My Father”.
Barack Obama – Meeting his Wife
During the summer of 1989, he met Michelle Robinson while interning at a law firm. Eventually, the two began dating and in October 1992, they married. Around this time, he also spearheaded Illinois’ “Project Vote” campaign, encouraging African-Americans voter registrations. The year after, he joined a local law firm and continued his community development efforts. Obama eventually went to work at the University of Chicago Law School where he taught constitutional law until 2004.
Barack Obama – Gaining Presidency
In 1996, Obama won a seat in the Illinois State Senate. While there, he helped expand healthcare and lower taxes for working families. He was re-elected but lost a bid for the US House of Representatives in 2000. He became a US Senator in 2004, bringing transparency to government and preventing weapons of mass detruction. He made an inspiring Democratic National Convention speech which brought much positive attention to him among his party, watched by 9.1 million people. This fuelled his rise to a Democratic Presidential Nominee in 2008. On November 4th, 2008, Obama defeated John McCain to win the Presidency. He became the first African-American president in US history. As President, he inherited a nation involved in multiple wars and also in the midst of a catastrophic housing crisis.
Barack Obama – Plan for Success
During his first 100 days as President, he overhauled foreign policy and improved the image of the United States around the world. He formed a controversial “Stimulus Package” to help revive the economy of the country. He also created an affordable care act known as “Obamacare”. The aim was to provide the biggest health care reform in decades, allowing millions of Americans to receive affordable health care for the first time in their lives. With regards to military, he withdrew most US forces from Iraq and instead expanded the use of military drones. Additionally, he signed a deal with Iran to limit their nuclear program before commiting to the “Paris Climate Agreement” in 2015.
Barack Obama – Silencing Doubters
Despite his many successes, he has often been the subject of scrutiny. He has been labelled an “elitist” and “too inexperienced” by critics. Aside from the inevitable criticism, Obama’s skills, charisma and ultimately his beliefs helped him secure his place in history and the White House. Barack and Michelle have two daughters together, Malia and Sasha. He described in an article with “Glamour” magazine how his wife, daughters and the presidency have turned him into a feminist.
Barack Obama MBTI (Probable):
The ENTP (Inventor) is quick to see complex interrelationships between people, things and ideas. They are able to analyse these links in profound detail. ENTPs are frequently described as clever, enthusiastic and outgoing. They are usually also innovative, flexible, loyal and resourceful. In terms of motivation, they have a desire to understand and improve the world they live in and are usually accurate when sizing up a situation. The ENTP can have a perverse sense of humour and they can often enjoy playing Devil’s advocate.
Barack Obama – Quotes:
“If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.”
“The future rewards those who press on. I don’t have time to feel sorry for myself. I don’t have time to complain. I’m going to press on.”
“I think when you spread the wealth around it’s good for everybody.”
“Even when folks are hitting you over the head, you can’t stop marching. Even when they’re turning the hoses on you, you can’t stop.”
“Issues are never simple. One thing I’m proud of is that very rarely will you hear me simplify the issues.”
“You know, one of the things I think you understand as president is you’re held responsible for everything, but you don’t always have control of everything, right?”
Barack Obama – Keys to Success:
- Be Easygoing – No matter how seriously you take your goals and achievements, it is important to allow people to see your good side. By allowing yourself to be positive and sociable, you will influence the way people see yourself for the better.
- Focus on the Collective – Instead of focusing on the interests of one person or group to impress with your achievements, think of how your work can be of greatest impact to the majority. The more people you can impact with your efforts, the more they can lift you up to greater successes.
- Stick to a Plan – Whatever you choose your plan of action to be, make sure you stick it out to the end, unless you can no longer see that it will bring the benefits you anticipated. The purpose of your plans are so that you can get to a desired result and if this is still the case, giving up should not be an option.
Barack Obama – Facts:
- He was a professor, teaching Constitutional Law, after graduating Harvard Law School.
- Barack met his wife Michelle when she was his mentor during a summer associateship at a Law firm in Chicago.
- He can sing and enjoys singing on occasion, especially during speeches and special events.
- He reads often and sometimes posts lists of books he has been reading at that moment in time for his followers to see.
- His other hobbies include Basketball, Baseball, Poker, Golf and Movies.